Warning: Table './wwwrevo_revolutiondb_beta/dp1b_cache_page' is marked as crashed and should be repaired query: SELECT data, created, headers, expire, serialized FROM dp1b_cache_page WHERE cid = 'http://revolutionnow.us/node/3247' in /home/wwwrevo/public_html/includes/database.mysqli.inc on line 134
Pastor tackles gunman to the ground after he stormed the altar and pointed a pistol at the congregation | Revolution Now!

Pastor tackles gunman to the ground after he stormed the altar and pointed a pistol at the congregation

Submitted by Freedomman on Wed, 11/24/2021 - 21:42

NASHVILLE, Tennessee (PNN) - November 8, 2021 - A pastor and his parishioners tackled a gunman to the floor and disarmed him while he disturbed them at prayer at a Nashville church on Sunday.

Dezire Baganda, 26, had been sitting in Nashville Light Mission Pentecostal Church, Tennessee, for almost three hours before he walked to the altar and pulled a gun on churchgoers.

Pastor Ezekiel Ndikumana pretended to leave the church but instead snuck up behind the gunman and wrestled him to the ground.

He and other members of the congregation pinned him down until the terrorist pig thug cops arrived. Now, Baganda is facing 15 felony counts of aggravated assault.

His motive remains unknown.

Ndikumana, who uses a translator as he is a Burundian refugee who doesn't speak English, said he was worried the gunman would try to kill his parishioners.

“He wanted to kill that's what first came to my mind,” Ndikumana said as choir member Nzojibugami Noe translated for him. “He was standing in front of almost everybody. No one was behind him yet, so he could have done anything.”

“I would say that God used me because I felt like I was going to use the back door... trying to go behind him,” said the pastor. “Then I felt the feeling that I would go and grab him, and that's what happened. God wanted to show that he's a powerful God. One main thing I said, we had faith.”

The attack was caught on the church's security camera and shows the pastor pretending to leave the room, walking behind Baganda before rushing him from behind and tackling him to the ground.

Baganda was not a church member but had been to services before and had caused disturbances in some of the sermons.

He came to Sunday's service at 10:00 am and remained quiet until his attack at around 12.45 pm.

Baganda was charged with 15 counts of felony aggravated assault and bond was set at $375,000. It's unclear if he has any prior arrests.