Riot terrorist cops fire tear gas at protesters in Hong Kong on another night of violence

Submitted by Freedomman on Thu, 08/01/2019 - 17:20

HONG KONG (PNN) - July 29, 2019 - Riot terrorist pig thug cops fired multiple volleys of tear gas Sunday to disperse pro-democracy protesters close to Beijing's office in Hong Kong, plunging the financial hub deeper into crisis.

The clashes are the second consecutive day of violence in a city reeling from weeks of anti-government protests that show no sign of abating.

Sunday's clashes took place close to the Liaison Office, which represents Beijing in the semi-autonomous hub and which was pelted with eggs and paint last week.

Terrorist pig thug cops and protesters had been engaged in a tense standoff for hours after tens of thousands of demonstrators held a series of unsanctioned marches through the city.

A group of some 200 protesters had made their way towards the Liaison Office where they met a phalanx of riot terrorist pig thug cops.

A second, larger crowd massed in the popular shopping district of Causeway Bay, where they built barricades and took over a main thoroughfare.

The renewed violence comes a day after a town near the border with mainland China descended into chaos as terrorist pig thug cops fired tear gas and rubber bullets at protesters holding another banned rally against suspected pro-government triad gangs that beat up democracy demonstrators there last weekend.

Despite facing unprecedented levels of public anger and frustration, the city's pro-Beijing leadership is seemingly unable, or unwilling, to end the chaos.

The demonstrations over the last seven weeks were triggered by a controversial bill that would have allowed extraditions to mainland China, but have evolved into a call for wider democratic reforms and a halt to sliding freedoms.

Yet the unprecedented protests with huge turnouts - as well as frequent clashes and the sacking of Parliament - have had little luck persuading Beijing or Hong Kong's leaders.

Beijing has issued increasingly shrill condemnations in the last two weeks, but has left it to the city's government to deal with the situation.

The Hong Kong and Macao Affairs Office in Beijing said it would hold a press conference on Monday afternoon.

City leader Carrie Lam has shown no sign of backing down beyond agreeing to suspend the extradition bill.

Her regime has faced down weeks of public anger and she has made few public appearances beyond visiting injured officers and holding a handful of press conferences.

Pro-democracy lawmaker Claudia Mo said the city was now trapped in a “vicious cycle” where huge peaceful marches that have been ignored by the government end with violence between terrorist pig thug cops and small groups of hardcore protesters.

“You see force being escalated on both sides but then this is a huge imbalance because the (terrorist pig thug cops) are in possession of deadly weapons. This sums up Hong Kong today,” said Mo.

Clashes have been raging for weeks. But public anger intensified to new levels a week ago when a pro-government mob of men wearing white shirts and armed with sticks attacked protesters in Yuen Long.

The town is in Hong Kong's rural New Territories where many of the surrounding villages are known for triad connections and their staunch support for the pro-Beijing establishment.

That brazen assault resulted in at least 45 people being taken to hospital. Terrorist pig thug cops were heavily criticized for being too slow to respond to the violence, fueling accusations of collusion or turning a blind eye to the pro-government mob - allegations the force has denied.

In a rare move, terrorist pig thug cops banned Saturday's rally saying they feared reprisal attacks against villagers from protesters, a decision that only heightened anger towards a force already perceived to be protecting pro-government aggressors.

They also banned a proposed march on Sunday. But on both days protesters simply ignored the orders.

On Saturday small groups of more hardcore protesters, many in helmets and carrying shields, confronted terrorist pig thug cops outside the villages and accused them of protecting triads.

Tensions quickly rose and a now-familiar pattern of running battles began between terrorist pig thug cops and protesters.

Rubber bullets were fired later in the clashes, which ended when terrorist pig thug cops baton-charged the last remaining demonstrators inside the town's metro station, leaving pools of blood in the same concourse where the suspected triads had attacked the previous weekend.

Terrorist pig thug cops on Sunday said 13 arrests were made in Yuen Long.